Need a Second Opinion?
We understand it can be confusing and frightening when faced with surgery.
Getting a second opinion is often a good idea.
A Clear Understanding
Knowing all your options, and asking more questions should be part of the decision process. A second opinion can also help provide peace of mind.
Getting a second opinion from another specialist will not offend your current doctor, it is simply a means of empowering and educating yourself about your condition and your options.
All Options Should Be Considered
Our service is like a Medical Concierge that will insights, and possibly either confirm or expand your treatment choices. There are many
- Progressive diagnostics
- Advanced techniques
- Minimally invasive procedures, and
- New technologies available today
Any patient would be wise to get a second opinion from another neurosurgeon.
Dr Gailani’s Concierge Program
Our Second Opinion Program can provide you with either
- In-person Second Opinion Appointments or
- Remote service called Review and Report
Both approaches offer a thorough review of your previous images, diagnosis, and an evaluation of your recommended treatment path, followed by a written report.
Your goal is to gain clarity and work with a team of experts who can guide you on your decision path.
Remote Review and Report
Our expert Review and Report process will offer
- Reliability and
- Correct information
Confirm Your Diagnosis
- Suggest additional tests.
- Some conditions look alike on initial imaging, and an accurate diagnosis is absolutely critical to creating the best treatment plan.
If we have any reason to believe your diagnosis needs confirmation, we may recommend additional advanced imaging or other tests to verify your condition.
Provide Treatment Options
- Provide information about your treatment options.
- Not every doctor or hospital has access to the most advanced technology or has the specialized training to perform minimally invasive surgery.
- We may be able to suggest a minimal-access alternative to open surgery that your doctor is not able to provide.
Assess Your Risk
- Different treatment options carry different risks
- Treatment Options often depend on a patient’s age and general health, medical and family history
- Our second opinion report will assess your risk based on your own individual situation.
Make a recommendation
- Our written report will recommend a course of treatment that our experts believe is best for you.
- Typically your report can be available within two to three days of receiving your images.
NB: Please remember that a second opinion based only on images and medical records is necessarily limited to what is contained in those files. It cannot replace an in-person medical evaluation by Dr Gailani.
If you would prefer to make an appointment with one of our doctors for a second opinion, please call to make an appointment.
The ultimate decision is yours to make, but rest assured that our experts are standing by to help you make the right choice.
Ready to request a second opinion?
When you are ready to get started, we will
- Walk you through the setup of a secure online account
- Accept our practice’s Second Opinion Terms (link)
- Arrange for you to have your your imaging and reports uploaded
- Make payment.
You will receive a report from our neurosurgeon within xx business days.
Our Scope of Opinions
Our faculty can provide expert second opinions on a wide range of gynaecological conditions, including: